Healthy Foods to Eat During Softball Tournament WeekendsJan 30, 2023
Some healthy alternative foods for youth athletes to eat during performance weekends include:
- Lean protein sources such as chicken, turkey, fish, and lean cuts of beef or pork
- Whole grains such as quinoa, brown rice, and whole wheat bread or pasta
- Fruits and vegetables, which provide important vitamins and minerals
- Low-fat dairy products such as milk, yogurt, and cheese
- Nuts and seeds, which are a good source of healthy fats
- Hydrating foods and drinks, such as water, sports drinks, and coconut water It's also important to make sure they are getting enough carbohydrates to fuel their performance, good examples include sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta, and fruits like bananas.
It is always best to consult with a dietitian or sports nutritionist to develop an individualized meal plan that takes into account the athlete's specific nutritional needs and goals.